Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Default Window Geometry

> > How is it not a gnome issue?
>
> sorry. it could well be - maybe. I just think we should first define the
> basic concepts, the questions of how much and why we want to mess with which
> options. there are a lot of related issues - for example one could just as
> well ask that an application should not open up in such a way that half of
> it is on a different virtual screen.
>
> but discussion about these points doesn't make much sense to me if there is
> no background philosophy to base one's arguments on.

Tom:

The issue is one of compliancy, for the windowmanager, which has the most
direct hand in enforcing this. Windowmanagers, under the UISG, are subject
to the same restrictions enforced by the Compliancy Levels that any other
app is -- We're working on whether or not we should enforce a line in the
UISG which says all windows must be equal to, or less than the dimensions
of the physically viewable area.

Bowie