Re: GIMP's interface: OK?

I'll have to side with your friend on this one, I've personally always
favoured the Top level Window acting as a barrier for all child
windows that are created..

Try this, open up Gimp. Load up say 3 images. pull up the brushes
dialog, layers/channel dialog window, double click the buckfill button
(yet another window appears), click on the patterns dialog... before
ya know it, the window manager has spewed 50 or so windows across the
screen.. and depending on the original sizes of those images, it can
make finding covered up dialog windows a real treasure hunt. :(((

Have you seen the *screen*shots of Kimp ? As much as i dislike KDE and
its apps, they have really got a winner here.... i know many gtk fans
will be jealous when kimp arrives  (if the development is still
ongoing ?)

This isn't only a problem with gimp, same thing with ksirc (+ a lot of
these graphical irc clients), we'll run into more of these problems as
some of the big apps like GSuite (?? ya,, is that on the table?) are
produced..

not to be completely critical of The Gimp .. in the latest cvs
compiles, they are making some adjustments that i do like.. status
indicators are contained within the image window is a big improvement
IMHO ;-) (one less transient window to worry about)