Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

> On Thu, 06 Aug 1998, Bowie Poag wrote:
> >The UISG currently proposes that the FULLY LOADED Menu Line appears as:
> >
> >   Program | File | Edit | View | Options | Preferences | Help
> >
> > o Program, and Help are manditory items. (!)'marked.
> >
> > o File, Edit, and View are optional items. Some programs will
> >   never need to load/save files, for example. Some programs
> >   will never need to edit anything. Some programs will never need
> >   to alter the user's view. (?)'marked.
>
> I believe Edit to be a mandatory item, as this is the logical place for all
> cut&paste operations.  Every Gnome compliant application should have cut&paste
> features.

Cut & Paste operations aren't necessary on crude apps. Take a little
program which just pops a nice window on your screen with a screenblanker
running in it. How are you going to cut and paste from a screenblanker?

Example: xlock -inwindow -mode ifs &

..Why would you need to cut and paste here? See my point/ Some apps will
have no need for Cut & Paste ops, although such a thing is very rare. Cut
& Paste is almost universally needed across the board.. My point is, tho,
is that it shouldnt be MANDITORY, thats all.

Bowie