Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

Bowie Poag writes:

 > The UISG currently proposes that the FULLY LOADED Menu Line appears as:
 >
 >    Program | File | Edit | View | Options | Preferences | Help
 >
 >  o Program, and Help are manditory items. (!)'marked.
 >
 >  o File, Edit, and View are optional items. Some programs will
 >    never need to load/save files, for example. Some programs
 >    will never need to edit anything. Some programs will never need
 >    to alter the user's view. (?)'marked.
 >
 >  o View, Options, and Preferences are contingent items, present
 >    only when required by the app. They are not manditory.
 >
 >    Agree or disagree?

Agree, if:

   o 'Program' is represented by the Gnomeprint icon:
      - enhances branding
      - enhances distinction between app-wide and instance/data
        operations
      - Provides a visual cue which retains the leftmost text menuitem
        as 'File'.
   o Someone provides a coherent distinction between 'Options' and
     'Preferences'.
   o 'Preferences' (assuming it's app-wide) goes under Gnomeprint.

I'm waffling on the Help being top-level or under Gnomeprint. 'About'
should logically be under Gnomeprint, but we can't count on users
being logical. :)

Otherwise, I'd go with this.

Torben