Re: org sheet

"Tom" == Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org> writes:

Tom> we should discuss the question how far the style guide should
Tom> involve itself with window managers.  I believe one of the most
Tom> important strengths of gnome is it's wm independence. however, in
Tom> the long run we will not be able to not ask more or less from the
Tom> wms.

I believe that there is (or will be) a standard for what constitutes a
GNOME-compliant WM.  (I don't know who is responsible for that.)  The
style guide should allow an app to assume a GNOME-compliant WM; people
who do not use compliant WMs get what they deserve. :)

In theory, some of what is required to be a compliant WM may fall
under the domain of the style guide, but I think most of the issues
are technical rather than functional or aethestic.