Re: GNOME menu/tmfkap

sun wrote:

> > Making the foot/app/prog/tmfkap entry more a 'gnome' entry would probably
> > make the design more consequent.
>
> let's not do this. it introduces more than one purpose to each menu, and
> causes confusion where gnome-wide commands should go.
>
> imo we need to keep them quite separate for clarity and intuition:
>
> the panel gnomeprint shall contain desktop-wide launching,
> configuration, etc.
> the application gnomeprint (tmfkap) shall contain application-wide
> commands and preferences.
> the next menu after tmfkap shall contain document-wide commands and
> preferences.

Yes, this is a good solution.  I was starting to get a little
worried (c; about where to place the GNOME-wide commands -- and
the listing of currently-running GNOME apps, another good idea --
because they didn't really fit with the current foot-menu
proposal.  However, you are right sun.  They truly do belong in
the panel, which is really the only full-blooded GNOME-wide
application.

John