Re: Mockups + idea.. - GNOME menu/tmfkap

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 09:49:24PM +0200, Tom Vogt wrote:
> Ric Klaren <ia_ric@cs.utwente.nl> wrote:
> > One could take this a little step further... bring in some more GNOME
> > stuff. This is something that is used in the old atari ST GEM/MiNT
> > userinterface. Under the application menu one would have the stuff as in
> > mockup2 together with a list of all the currently open (GNOME)
> > applications. Which you could use to bring the selected app to focus. To
> > illustrate:
>
> the idea is nice, but doesn't fit into the concept of a menu to take all the
> app wide commands.

I wasn't thinking completely app wide. Was more thinking Gnome wide :) That
would make the link foot <-> menu a bit more consistent. IMHO also a good
idea not to make the 'foot' menu or tmfkap whatever to big a 'garbage
collector' for anything that didn't fit elsewhere.

Making the foot/app/prog/tmfkap entry more a 'gnome' entry would probably
make the design more consequent.

Ric
- Ric Klaren - ia_ric@cs.utwente.nl ------- klaren@cs.utwente.nl --------------
'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
 of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
   goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
    technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.

PGP signature