Re: RGSG

"Dan \"Effugas\" Kaminsky" <effugas@best.com> wrote:
>All I know is, anybody who has ever used a computer before is gonna be
>thrown for a loop with Exit not being in the file menu.  I just asked my
>girlfriend--NOT a computer geek, let me tell you :-)  And she
>said..."But...but..it just belongs there...even if you told me, I'd
>like...go to file...then be like, oh, it's not there, it's in here, oops"

Sorry, but everytime i hear you say "everybody" you actually
mean either "I" or "everybody who has used computers, but
Windows exclusivly".

I exit 90% of my programs with c-x c-c, but I
don't claim to represent everybody.
Why make silly concessions to Windows users and confuse everybody else.
We agree that "exit" belongs in the foot.
If we repeat it in "file" people will wonder where the difference is.

Your argument for the leftmost menu says "exit" should be in foot.

Stephan