total internal consistency

I just had to change the subject.

> >I don't think we'll be able to come up with any kind of
> totally-internally-consistent set of rules for designing user interfaces.
>
> I really really really want to prove Wesley wrong here...

Oh, please do! But my point is that any totally-internally-consistent user interface is going to be different enough from Windows and MacOS that users will be confused. So then we'll start making exceptions, and it won't be totally-internally-consistent any more. But that's OK, because it will still be more-or-less the best GUI on the planet.

Wesley Felter - wesf@cs.utexas.edu - Hack the Planet