Re: RGSG

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >I don't think we'll be able to come up with any kind of
> totally-internally-consistent set of rules for designing user interfaces.
>
> I really really really want to prove Wesley wrong here...I will say this:
> Anything we do, the reasons will be copious.  We're not writing a FAQ,
> here...
>
> We're writing a book.

this is not a kaminsky law, but maybe you'll accept it still. it's from one
of my professors. he used to say that EVERY time you write something, there
is something wrong with it unless you have a "miscellaneous" section.

there is ALWAYS an exception and NEVER a perfect concept.

what you can do is take the exceptions into account and make them at least
stay within sight.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.