RE: RGSG

> >My take on it is: Program deals with the program (although I go for
> >the Gnomeprint icon, HCI warts and all--see other post). File deals
> >with the file(s). I think the conceptual split is important and
> >intuitive.
> >
> >I'm with you on this one, Tom.
>
> So what goes into Program?
>
> Settings?

Sure. Although I'd call it Preferences.

> Options?

What's the difference between settings and options?

> Print?

No, because you can't print an application. You print documents, therefore Print goes in the File menu.

> Lets go into details here.
>
> What can we say DEFINITIVELY goes into Program?

I think About would fit well in the Program/foot menu. Likewise Help, unless help has its own menu. To be consistent, Exit should go in the Program/foot menu as well.

This is shaping up really well: The Program/foot menu is for app-wide commands, the File menu is for document-wide commands, the Edit menu is for commands that operate on the selection.

Wesley Felter - wesf@cs.utexas.edu - Hack the Planet