Re: In support of Bowie

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Monday, August 03, 1998 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: In support of Bowie

>Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
>> I *am* bright enough to figure out how to use network tools.
>never doubted that. :)
>

>> I am not willing to take the time, even in windows, to create a heirarchy
>> and bounce back and forth fixing windows' broken install.
><sigh>
>can someone provide dan with an archive of the list, around two weeks ago?
>
>I've already made a detailed description about one possibility to implement
>this in a  way that any newbie would understand in ten seconds. it goes
>without saying that it's gotta be A LOT easier than wincrap.

Forgive me, in Windows when one installs, you can actually click on the menu
you want it to go to.  Nobody does it.

Please indulge me this once and fill my failed memory with this suggestion.
All I remember is you saying system apps and user apps should be separated,
as if it was that clean of a split(where does ping go?).

The way I see it, everything gets shoved into default 99 percent of the time
for 99% of users.

>> OK:  How many X apps use control-alt keycombos?
>all. it's used to switch back to virtual consoles from X.

One through zero?  What about control-alt-letters and arrows?