Re: RSG

Tom Vogt wrote:

[...]

> Rebel Gnome StyleGuide
> ======================

Nice name :)

My suggestion for the outline, but you'd want to concatenate I guess:

Acknowledgements
Foreword
Introduction
  (what we talk about, "Declaration of Intent", <sigh> :)
Heritage
  (Shortly mentioning historical aspects, Mac, Amiga,
   NeXT, point to the appendicular References section).
Concepts
  (I'd _love_ to have a summary of the most fundamental
   concepts you want to be applied to construct a useful GUI -
   the Mac guide is very much centered on this stuff IIRC.
   Shortly mention the goals of good GUIs, the trade-offs, etc.
   Then, come back to the principles when you apply them in further
   chapters.)
Means
  (Apply the concepts, "GUI elements" you say.  Many subsections,
   I'll add some comments below.)
Cookbook
  (What's in GNOME concretely to make this stuff happen ?
   App skelleton, "standard" dialog boxes, cool widgets which
   add some groove to the dev. env., mention GUI builder,
   stock pixmaps and common GNOME icons repository, translation
   service, this mailing list for asking back, gettext <sigh>, etc.)
Standards
   (keybindings "Accelerator keys", cut 'n paste,
    etc., could be removed if you want to put all this
    stuff in the appendix respectively in "Means".
Appendices