Re: Item order

Martin Wahlen <mva@sbbs.se> wrote:
> Hi, I am wondering if it is a good idea for Right to Left languages to
> have the "Program" menu on the Left and the "Help" menu on the Right, the
> same applys to "Ok" and "Cancle" buttons. How is this done under other
> GUI's in Arabic and Hebrow(Spelling?). I think that GNOME has to
> take these issues into account when composing the new Style Guide.

good point!

because the left to right ordering has to do with the reading direction, I'd
say that it should be  reversed for right-to-left languages. however,  I
have no idea if that's possible via internationalization. anyone with more
knowledge about the feasibility?

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.