Re: Gnomeprint-in-app

George <jirka@5z.com> wrote:
> > a graphical symbol really IS out of place. it would have to have a special
> > meaning very unlike all the other options to justify itself. remember: only
> > use specials when something IS special.
>
> it is special ...

in what way does it qualitatively differ from the other menus?

> for example you shouldn't really put quit/exit (whatever you call it) into
> file .. since it has nothing to do with any file ...  you shouldn't put it
> into "Gnome" menu .. since "Gnome"->quit ... just won't do the right thing

right. but "Prog"->exit is exactly the right thing, no?
same as "Prog"->about and "Prog"->config. :)

(or "Program" if you prefer)

> ... however "foot"->quit ... is ok by me ... plust I guess the foot menu
> should be the way to control programs and should be autogenerated ...
> that virtue makes it special ...
at this moment, we only have things in there that used to be in file or help
or other menu items. I don't see that we have created something very
special, yet.

that's why I have included the icon idea in my guide, but only as an
alternative idea right now.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.