Re: Style Guide & Conference stuff(For Bowie as well)

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Andrew Clausen wrote:

> Tom Vogt wrote:
>
> > hmm... you have just created a new section called "alternative ideas".
>
> > that's the way I would like to put it in my sg. put those things which seem
> > to be the best and/or have the majority of people behind them into the main
> > part, but everything else that's feasable and all into there, so that it's
> > not dropped and can be revived should the main option turn out to be crap.
>
> Bowie also said this was a good idea (he responded to my mail).  If both of
> you agree to this concept, there should be no problems - because everything
> would be encorporated into the document, anyway.  I do think to much
> importance has been given to the conference, (I don't think I will be able to
> attend - like many people it seems) and we haven't seen the ideas that have
> been expressed get written down anywhere.
>
> How about we wait until the conference is over - I think Bowie intends to
> start doing this stuff then.
>
> Andrew Clausen

Yup. The purpose of Conference #1 is basically two-fold -- To issue the
first questionairre and subsequent debate, and to provide people with a
waypoint that iodeas can be obtained and shared thruought the development
process. We cant tackle this in one day -- On Sunday, the initial
groundwork is unveiled, and people can comment on what needs to be added,
changed, whatever. Once thats solid, we can begin fleshing it out.

Bowie