Re: The Help Menu

Tom Vogt wrote:

> Joachim Schlesener <jos@heise.de> wrote:
> > > no. but we should if it makes more sense. to me, "about" makes more sense in
> > > a "program" menu.
> > >
> > Well, but i think, the 'Help' is the better place, because the
> > 'Program/File' menu will normally hold more entries than 'Help' and as
> > is stated above, its not totally misleading.
>
> I have opted for the name "Prog" in the current version of MY styleguide
> (not to be confused with bowie's). this is NOT identical with the "File"
> menu, but an additional menu. it will contain things like "About...", "Exit"
> and configuration.
>
> --
> The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.
>
> --

   Hear, hear!  I agree to a separate menu 'Prog' for About, Exit and
configs.  I also think that one possible solution for "Gnome Compliance"
thingy would be to have it in the About box.  The application could
default to displaying the About box on start up (allowing the user to
disable this of course ;-)) and state something like "This program is
intended for use with the G.N.O.M.E desktop environment.  While
compatible with others; it may lose some of its enhanced functionality."
   Just my $.07 worth.
--

Tim
-----