Re: Clearing up some things (plus flame retardant # 2)

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> days, so the general public participating in the Conference will be able
> to look at it.

> Why wait for the Conference to talk about it? Simple -- The concept of
> Compliancy Levels is something which is best addressed by a very, very
> large number of people.

excuse my stupidity - but if you consider an irc conference "the general
public", then what in hell is this list?

do you expect more people on irc than on a mailing list? considering that
about half of them won't be participating because it's early monday morning
for them? (saturday night would have been a better time!)

[...metaphors deleted...]

these examples are not appropriate. nobody is trying to steal something.
your reasons for keeping the tabs on the document are different. don't make
your life more difficult by explaining them with bad examples. :)

and now finally enough of that. we will see if you are right.

> The signal-to-noise ratio is improving rapidly, now that we're all on the
> same wavelength here. We all know we have a job to do.

and we're doing it. if you would hate reading an alternative proposal, don't
check your mails this weekend. :)

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.