Re: [gnome-flashback] PANEL_APPLET_OUT_PROCESS_FACTORY

Hi again!

On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 02:36:26PM +0100, David McKelvie wrote:
Also, it would be more useful if you uploaded the .crash file using
apport-bug instead of simply attaching it. This way it would be
automatically retraced on Launchpad.

OK, extreme ignorance on my part.
I have run

apport-bug /var/crash/_usr_bin_gnome-panel.1000.crash

But I dont know where that went to.

Your apport is configured to send reports to errors.ubuntu.com and not to
Launchpad.

But I found where it went to, the link is
https://errors.ubuntu.com/oops/8b5989ae-a72e-11ea-a5a1-fa163e6cac46

although you probably won't have access to it.

Anyway, unfortunately automatic retrace failed so it didn't help :-(

I see you added some details on bug 1876609. The next step would be probably
installing debug packages and trying to get a stack trace yourself as
described on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash.

One other minor bug with gnubiff is that when adding the Gnubiff applet
to the panel using the 'Add to Panel...' menu, the gnubiff icon is not shown.
Instead we get a 'No entry' icon.

In

.pc/panel_applet_inprocess.patch/src/
org.gnome.panel.applet.GnubiffApplet.panel-applet.in.in

and

src/org.gnome.panel.applet.GnubiffApplet.panel-applet.in.in

Icon=@PKGDATADIR@/gnubiff.png

does not find the icon.

But

Icon=gnubiff

does find the icon.

The resulting org.gnome.panel.applet.GnubiffApplet.panel-applet file has
the following line (in 18.04 package):

Icon=/usr/share/gnubiff/gnubiff.png

That file exists, so to be honest I have no idea why it doesn't work.