Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

Hi Dmitry,

You are correct, there are only a couple or so left and the issues is not directly related to the project.

I encountered the problem while fixing the app called Cardapio.
In meantime, I've prepared a workaround in the app and started working on porting it to PyGTK3.
So as far as it concerns me, the fix would be nice but I would give it a very low priority if at all.

In any case I agree with Alberts, it's time to leave behind "PyGTK2 and Co"...

On Jan 19, 2016 06:57, "Dmitry Shachnev" <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi Eugene,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:04:34PM -0500, Eugene San wrote:
> Regarding gmenu issue we discussed earlier.
> It appears there are 2 versions of gmenu in Ubuntu repos (gnome-menus and
> gnome-menus2).
> gnome-menus seems to be ok, gnome-panel::menu using it without any issues.
> gnome-menus2 is indeed broken due to multi-value XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP.
> Seems like gnome-menu2 is a fork of gnome-menus (v3.0.1) and was revived to
> support python2/gtk2 based packages.

What is the exact application that is still using gnome-menus2? There are not
many of them in Ubuntu archive:

  $ reverse-depends src:gnome-menus2 -r xenial
  Reverse-Recommends
  * screenlets-pack-all           (for python-gmenu)
  * screenlets-pack-basic         (for python-gmenu)

  Reverse-Depends