Re: [gnome-flashback] gnome-sessions on Ubuntu 15.10+

Actually x2go starts DE as described in .desktop file, but using hardcoded values.
I believe once the 653327 is fixed we could switch to fetching DE parameters from .desktop file.

Regarding gmenu issue we discussed earlier.
It appears there are 2 versions of gmenu in Ubuntu repos (gnome-menus and gnome-menus2).
gnome-menus seems to be ok, gnome-panel::menu using it without any issues.
gnome-menus2 is indeed broken due to multi-value XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP.
Seems like gnome-menu2 is a fork of gnome-menus (v3.0.1) and was revived to support python2/gtk2 based packages.