Re: [gnome-flashback] Metacity

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 07:51:01PM +0200, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
What will this mean for Compiz? Will it be able to use the GTK+ theme via
Metacity too?

Going easiest way (just dropping support) - that means compiz lose ability
to use metacity / GTK+ themes. Last time I tried - I failed to get GTK+
theme to work with gtk-window-decorator....

Another option is to create new library libmetacity-theme (as replacement
for libmetacity-private), but not sure if I will have time for it. If I
will decide to go this way then I will try to make sure that it is possible
to use both - metacity and GTK+ themes from metacity and also compiz.

OK, understood.

Ubuntu's Ambiance/Radiance look a bit worse with GTK+ theme than with their
Metacity themes (i.e. wrong spacing), but that's something one can get
used to.

Is that metacity problem or theme? Wanted to try Ambiance in my jhbuild
session, but it does not work with GTK+ 3.19.x. Does mutter have same
problems?

No, that's not an issue with Metacity — but rather some hardcoded sizes in
GTK+. That happens with client size decorated windows too.