Re: [gnome-flashback] Metacity

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 10:47:24PM +0200, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
> Next what do you think about metacity themes in general? Mutter has dropped
> metacity themes so GTK+ themes definitely is / will be future. Maybe we
> should follow?

What will this mean for Compiz? Will it be able to use the GTK+ theme via
Metacity too?

Going easiest way (just dropping support) - that means compiz lose ability to use metacity / GTK+ themes. Last time I tried - I failed to get GTK+ theme to work with gtk-window-decorator....

Another option is to create new library libmetacity-theme (as replacement for libmetacity-private), but not sure if I will have time for it. If I will decide to go this way then I will try to make sure that it is possible to use both - metacity and GTK+ themes from metacity and also compiz.

> I think that all maintained themes includes GTK+ theme for csd and mutter.
> Is there any wildly used metacity-only themes?

I am not aware of any.

Ubuntu's Ambiance/Radiance look a bit worse with GTK+ theme than with their
Metacity themes (i.e. wrong spacing), but that's something one can get used to.

Is that metacity problem or theme? Wanted to try Ambiance in my jhbuild session, but it does not work with GTK+ 3.19.x. Does mutter have same problems?