Re: [gnome-flashback] Appmenu button in the window title

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:35:00 +0300, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
>> So my question is: is it possible to implement the appmenu support in
>> Metacity?
>
> Are you sure that it will solve problem? Menus simply are not shown in apps
> if shell is detected. We still will need XSettings override. Or I did not
> understand something?

I have just realized that the component that owns the org.gnome.Shell bus
name is gnome-flashback, not Metacity. So the possible solution will be a
bit more complicated: we need to receive the menu in gnome-flashback and
forward it to Metacity so that it can show it in the window titlebar.
Perhaps that will be difficult to implement.

With XSettings override everything works, right?

Now you want it to work without XSettings, right? It will not work...

All applications export menus to be shown in gnome-shell. We get them in gnome-flashback and forward to metacity? First is menus really forwarded to gnome-shell via dbus? I think that no, but it not problem. So we have menus in metacity and here is main problem. These days we have two type applications - server side and client side decorated. With metacity we can show menu only in server side decoration, but what about csd windows? This forces to use XSettings override - so no need to do anything about appmenu in metacity.