Re: [gnome-flashback] Menus/Menubars are messed up in flashback session on Ubuntu Utopic

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote
Do you have “appmenu” in the output of below command? gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout

No it gives me  ':minimize,maximize,close'

I can reproduce it with Gedit, but not with Nautilus or gnome-terminal. So far I do not know the cause of this bug, but I hope I will have more time to debug this during next week.

I think compiz might be responsible for this. If I reset compiz settings using "dconf reset -f /org/compiz"  & then log into flashback-metacity session the problem disappears. gnome-terminal, gedit, nautilus .eog ..etc are showing appmenu properly on the panel. screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Jb6h3iE.png

Now if I run "compiz --replace", compiz effects (like scale, viewport, wooby windows) are back (not sure from where because I just reset it!) but it doesn't not interfere with applet-appmenu. At this point everything works well.

But when I login back to flashback compiz session, appmenu disappears again. I looked through at changelogs of all releases of compiz in 14.10 but could not pin-point the cause.