Re: [gnome-flashback] Metacity 3.14.0

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
> If this will not be available for 3.16 then we could make first-run /
> welcome window in gnome-flashback module. Where we could ask user if he
> wants back all buttons. Ask for layout he prefers and then update
> org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides and
> org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout. This way it should work nice
> for both sessions - metacity and compiz.

Why the former schema? gnome-settings-daemon reads button-layout
setting and exports it to XSettings just fine, so there is no need to
use an override

I did not know. Thanks for info.

(unity-settings-daemon doesn't currently export that setting, but I
have a branch that fixes that:
https://code.launchpad.net/~mitya57/unity-settings-daemon/headerbar-xsettings,
being discussed on ubuntu-desktop ML).

At least on 3.14 I don't have decoration-layout, but I guess you meant button-layout.