Re: [gnome-flashback] State of Gnome Flashback

Spent some time with jhbuild. My config:
moduleset = 'gnome-world-3.14'
modules = ['meta-gnome-flashback']

Do I need to add other modules?

Seems that session is loading from jhbuild install directory, but still does not feel right. notification-area and wnck-applet applets are using wrong theme - seems it is using Ambiance theme for button styling.

Just checked. meta-gnome-flashback module is not installing themes. Is it missing dependency or should I add themes as extra module?

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Alberts Muktupāvels <alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
> metacity.
Like Dmitry said, metacity never made it into the fold of the Gnome
Flashback project. It's awesome you're working on this. Please consider
taking over maintainership, and potentially just ask for it.

I am considering it. I already wrote to Florian. He suggested to contact GNOME accounts. So now I am waiting for answer from them.

> gnome-panel.
> I think master can be released as new release. Some patches from there
> are already used in ubuntu, debian and maybe in other distros as well.
Yeah, but what version number would that have ? With what Gnome release
should we target and test against ? The relatively brief window where
Gnome 3.10 was a consensus in the .deb world is now over as well.

I would go for 3.10.0. Release and continue to work. Currently I am testing  with gnome version available in current ubuntu development version 14.10. And currently gnome version is still 3.10.

If someone are ready to provide me with step by step how to build gnome-panel against latest gnome version, than I will test with latest gnome version.

Simply building and installing gnome-panel in, for example, /opt/gnome-panel is not enough. Still there are some files installed in /usr. Dbus service files is not loaded from /opt/gnome-panel.

So please show me how to build gnome flashback project in for example ~/pure-gnome-flashback, or /opt/pure-gnome-flashback. So that when I will start session it will load and start everything from there.

Also because of using ubuntu I still dont know what we are missing from gnome-settings-daemon exactly. Can someone create some list? Than I will try to look what can I do.

I know that nautilus is not drawing desktop background. Lets extend gnome-panel package and add extra code for new background drawing application.

I think that I already suggested that we could make same re-factoring - create new package gnome-flashback. It could contain - panel, applets, session, background and any other new application we are adding to restore missing functionality.

We could maintain only two packages - metacity and gnome-flashback.

Am I allowed to bring gnome-applets in gnome-panel? Than we could apply Dmitry's patch. I also made patch for gweather applet. So first merge gnome-applets in gnome-panel and forget about gnome-applets package.

So this could be bigger reason to release it as 3.10.

Sebastian wants that window-pickar applet is included. We have almost that ready too. His applet wont add extra dependencies.