Re: [gnome-flashback] [gnome-panel] Fix window-list applet bug on vertical panel 03_tasklist_orientation.patch from debian. This require

Hi Alberts,

Am 18.06.2014 00:49, schrieb Alberts Muktupāvels:

     > If you know how to fix that than please go ahead and set
correct author.
    Again more work for me, because you are too lazy to do it
correctly when
    importing the patch into git ? No thanks.

How to fix that? I tried with 'git rebase -i -p' to change author and
reformat some of my commit messages, but history rewriting is
disallowed. Than how I am supposed to fix that?

Figure out the author (and if possible the original patch date) from the
patch metadata.
I usually fix up the patch, so it has a proper "From" header, and
applies cleanly with git-am.

Alternatively, use --author and --date when doing git commit.

For patches that are already in your local branch, when you
 a) cherry-pick a single patch, or
 b) do an interactive rebase like you tried (with an "edit" at every
relevant step)
you can then
  git commit --amend --author=... --date=...

Now you have a clean commit with all the data locally.

You are right, you are not allowed to push such a "rewritten" history to
Gnome's git.
But as you won't push to the master branch for now anyhow, that's no
problem.
Push it as
  git push origin features/$MYNEWFEATURE
if the feature branch is a work in progress, and send it with
  git format-patch --in-reply-to=$MESSAGE_ID_OF_COVER_LETTER ...
to this list for review when it is ready.

Cheers
  Philipp

--
Philipp Kaluza