Re: [gnome-flashback] Main menu 10 times slower in Ubuntu 12.04 vs 10.04

« I think it proves that with the same hardware and libraries (almost, xorg, cairo, pango etc are the same, but gnome-panel uses gtk3 while mint-panel gtk2, afaik),»

No, it really doesn't prove anything at all. In Ubuntu 10.04, we used the Compiz 0.8-series, I believe. That was certainly _much_ faster on some systems than 0.9 has been, at least until recently. Things like that can play a big role. Have you tried using Metacity in 12.04 to see if that makes a difference? Since you're comparing different systems at different times, there can also be completely unrelated things going on in the background.

The Linux Mint example doesn't even use the same widget types, making it a completely irrelevant comparison.

In any case, I'm not able to confirm this on any of my systems.