Re: [gnome-flashback] Main menu 10 times slower in Ubuntu 12.04 vs 10.04

Στις 23/01/2014 09:21 πμ, ο/η Jo-Erlend Schinstad έγραψε:
That video seems completely unrelated to the other topic, doesn't it?

I think it proves that with the same hardware and libraries (almost, xorg, cairo, pango etc are the same, but gnome-panel uses gtk3 while mint-panel gtk2, afaik),

 * one application (gnome-panel) draws menus very slowly,
 * and another (mint panel) draws menus very fast,
with similar visual output,

so my personal conclusion is that gnome-panel (or gtk3) have some un-optimized code somewhere that results in drawing things many times slower than it's possible,
and that it'd be nice to pinpoint the problematic code and optimize it.

Thanks,
Alkis

On 23 January 2014 08:16, Alkis Georgopoulos <alkisg gmail com