[gnome-flashback] Regressions from previous gnome-panel releases

Using Ubuntu Trusty 14.04, I'm experiencing the following issues, which didn't exist in e.g. 12.04. I've seen references for some of them here in the mailing list, and some other references in launchpad, but some of them I couldn't find reported anywhere, so I thought I'd gather here the most significant ones:

1) The Applications menu is now a mess. Applications that were previously in the Accessories menu now appear in Accessories, Utilities, Sundry and Other. The System Settings submenu was moved under Applications instead of System Tools. Etc etc, the changes don't make much sense except maybe only for gnome-shell. Is it possible to somehow ship/use the previous version of /etc/xdg/menus/gnome-applications.menu ?

2) The panel needs more than a minute to load (LP: #1256961).
I provide a crude workaround in comment #8 there.
I saw it was also mentioned in the mailing list here.

3) The panel doesn't get re-aligned on resolution changes (or when plugging external monitors).
I think I saw a patch in git for that, after 3.8.0...

4) When I try to move applets, they get stuck in the top left side.
I think I saw a patch in git for that too.

5) The panel sometimes only gets half-loaded in LTSP clients (LP: #1078679)

I think the following are Ubuntu-specific:

6) The indicator-keyboard applet doesn't respond to switching layouts (LP: #1260226).

7) nm-applet, the pidgin applet etc don't appear at all in indicator-applet-complete, so one needs to insert notification-area manually in order to see them. I've uploaded a patch for that in LP: #1263591, but I think in previous versions indicator-applet-complete handled those, there was no need for notification-area.

8) Indicator-session assumes there's only one active user: https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-session/+bug/1263438

9) indicator-session menus are not policykit aware: https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-session/+bug/474392

10) Having the real user names on the panel was very nice in the last versions, so com.canonical.indicator.session show-real-name-on-panel should be true by default... And when it's true, the "gear" icon should be in the right side of the name like it used to be... :)

Could someone please upload a newer version of gnome-panel, with the latest changes from git, maybe in a launchpad PPA or in debian experimental, so that we can test and see if some of those issues are already resolved?

Thank you,
Alkis