Re: [gnome-flashback] [Gnome-Flashback] Global-menu(Indicator-applet-appmenu) bug on gnome-panel

OK, I will try to reproduce it locally when I have a bit more time.

The patch indeed looks small enough to be included in the distro, will do that.

On Feb 7, 2014 1:36 PM, "Alberts Muktupāvels" <alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 ubuntu com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Alberts Muktupāvels
<alberts muktupavels gmail com> wrote:
> I think this does not fix indicator applet menu bug...

Maybe. If it doesn't fix the indicator-applet bug, then I'll need a
stacktrace from indicator-applet as well (i.e.
/usr/lib/MULTIARCH/indicator-applet).

Does it work for you? Seems it is easy to reproduce this bug.
1. Login in flashback session.
2. Install indicator-applet-appmenu.
3. Than add Indicator Applet Appmenu.

You will see that applets disappears from top panel and menu won't appear. Note that nothing crashes, everything is "working". Open system monitor and kill indicator-applet-appmenu process. All applets will show again.

There is one more way to test it - using panel-test-applets
1. Launch panel-test-applets.
2. Select Indicator Applet Appmenu applet.
3. Click on Execute button.

You will see same thing. Some applets disappears and menu does not show.

Just found that disappears only applets that uses (are ?) gtk menu.

Create empty panel. Add non-menu applet (clock, show desktop, power off,..), than add menu applet (Window Selector, Menu Bar). Launch indicator applet appmenu and you will see that non-menu applets still are visible, but menu applets disappears.

> Your patch fix this problem, right?
>>
>> (gnome-panel:8230): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accelerator_parse_with_keycode:
>> assertion 'accelerator != NULL' failed
>>
>> ** (gnome-panel:8230): WARNING **: Unable to parse mouse modifier '(null)'

Right, and I thought this is what caused the original bug as well.

You fixed only in one place, but same thing needs be fixed in libpanel-applet/panel-applet-bindings.c too.

> Metacity is not using gconf anymore, but panel tries to read things that
> does not exist. This is not problem in master, because I ported to bindings
> to gsettings
> (https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-panel/commit/?id=c96e85f3dfe8eb4f524a59f4683197dfe9539d2e).

Yes, my patch is against gnome-3-8 branch. Unfortunately the latest
*published* release still uses gconf...

Take a look at that commit, if you don't see anything bad in it just add as patch in ubuntu package.