[gnome-flashback] Gnome panel properties

Hi!

I have found that changing size (height) of panel does not work. Also
clikcing show hide buttons does not work nice. Nor expand. When panel
will be restarted it will show buttons and/or will not be expanded.

How long panel have this problem? Is there any bug report?

Trying to find why it does not work i found function
panel_toplevel_check_resize in panel-toplevel.c.

This function does not look right to me. Second if statement does not
make any sense. Currently we are calling gtk_widget_size_allocate when
size is NOT changed.

Removing line [container_class->check_resize =
panel_toplevel_check_resize;] from panel_toplevel_class_init and
function itself makes size change work good.

Still there will be problems with expand and show hide buttons, but
now it will be size (width) problem. Which will be other thing to fix.

So my question - is it safe to remove that function or there was good
reasons for it? In my case it works best without that function.