Re: [gnome-flashback] The case for other WMs (was: Re: [gnome-panel] Pass --session-name from desktop files.)

Hi Philipp and everyone,

I have experimented with different window managers including mutter, compiz, xfwm4 and metacity (possibly
others, but i dont remeber all). My experience was, that all WMs except metacity have at least some
bugs/glitches. For example when i run mutter, is draws huge black shadows around the windows when i switch
between windows using Alt+tab. I also often experienced that window switching and unminizing got broken when
i switched between different window managers.

In summary I think providing different sessions is useful to make debugging/developing easier but i am not
sure if we should ship them to endusers.

Best Regards
Sebastian