Google Season of Docs GNOME Project Interest

Greetings GNOME Docs Team!

I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. My name is Danielle Vansia and during the day I work as a technical writer for a large healthcare IT company on the East Coast. I participated in the first Season of Docs, last year, with Learning Equality, and had a great experience. It was by way of my mentor at Learning Equality (Radina Matic) that I found out about the GNOME Foundation.

I am currently volunteering to redo and update the application help for the next release of the Getting Things Gnome! (GTG) application. Because of this, I was ecstatic to see that GNOME was participating in GSoD this year. I have enjoyed working with the GTG project while teaching myself more about git workflows and writing in Mallard. I would love to be able to continue this type of work and update help documentation for other applications as well as learn more from the team.

I am most interested in Project #4 for updating app help. I will be creating a proposal for this particular project; however, I noted that Project #3 is very similar but based on the overall GNOME environment rather than apps. Does the Documentation Team have a preference for which of these projects needs to be completed in terms of this year's roadmap or goals? For Project #4 specifically, I see in the app status tracker that there is a section for Documentation Team priority apps. I presume that the GSoD technical writer's focus should be on these particular apps when working through this project.

I am looking forward to submitting a proposal to GNOME. I have really enjoyed working with GTG so far and would love to continue working on other applications.

Regards,

Danielle Vansia