Re: Let's start talking

On Fri, 2020-05-15 at 22:11 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I'm also interested in having the docs team be a partner in the
scalable onboarding process that I'm working on. We can even talk
about that some.

Here is the initiative -
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Engagement/initiatives/scalable-onboarding

It kind of works into some other incubation projects I am working on
in regards to metrics. I would love to work with all of you on how to
implement onboarding so that we can help grow the team and make
documentation that has a lot of people working on it.

I'd say that's covered on https://wiki.gnome.org/DocumentationProject
which I just cleaned up a bit.[1] It is still a confusing duplication and mess between the content and scope
of the pages "Contributing", "Planning", and "Tasks" though, if anyone also has some time.

What else is wanted / needed apart from that? I usually understand
specific and actionable topics better than high-level dreamy stuff.

Cheers,
andre

[1] (Deleted outdated Roadmap page; removed duplicated Guides on
frontpage; clearly state to use Contact info instead of contacting
individuals; replace ancient links to Bugzilla queries with Gitlab
queries; remove "Bugzilla watching" and link to Gitlab notifications
instead; link to reporting guidelines on "Reporting Bugs" page; etc)
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/