Re: Revisiting the utility of branch notifications

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 00:54:14 +0100
Christian Kirbach via gnome-doc-list <gnome-doc-list gnome org> wrote:

Hi,

I believe this topic is also of interest for gnome-i18n.
As a translator I actually used to have an email filtre that deleted
the branch notifications. The sheer volume of messages lowers my
overview about all messages in my IMAP folder, and they are of little
use for me as a translator.

If you happen to work on master/HEAD just about when it gets branched,
it is easy to merge your translation work on master also into the new
stable branch. That is an easy cherry-pick for those familiar with git,
since fresh branches differ little to none for documentation. In
Vertimus you can easily feed your final work also into the new branch
for the same reason.

I think that for L10n coordination specifically, having those email
notifications is helpful for whoever configures new branches for modules in
Damned Lies.

Feel free to move it to gnome-i18n, though.

Cheers,
pk