Re: Install link follow-up

On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 16:03 +0100, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
In the thread "Latest changes in gnome-user-docs" I mentioned that
the
install links of the type 'action="install:<package>"' don't work on
Ubuntu. Want to mention that we found a convenient way to convert
those
links for now when building gnome-user-docs for Ubuntu:

sed -i 's/action="install:/href="apt:/' *.page

We should really just fix Yelp so that install links work on all
systems. Actually, it seems to not work correctly now in Fedora. I
think PackageKit has changed since we first implemented this.

A related observation is that such links are not visible on the HTML
pages. Example:

https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/tips-specialchars.html
#compose

It's due to the 'test="action:install"' condition. Is this
intentional?
(Since the 'action="install:<package>"' links don't work for me, I
can't
tell if it's motivated.) In Ubuntu, and since the apt: style links
are
useful also on the HTML pages, we are going to show them there.

This is very intentional. The install links are a feature of Yelp. It
doesn't make sense to have them on the web.

--
Shaun