Re: Thoughts on tagging docs issues in GitLab

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 16:53 +0100, David King wrote:
On 2017-09-07 11:45, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

Standardized tag names for docs will help us a lot. Heck, we never
did
manage to get standardized component names for docs in Bugzilla. If
we
get out in front of this thing, we can do better.

I would be perfectly happy with the preopulated "documentation"
tag,
except that it's going to get used for both user and developer
docs.
There are generally two completely different collections of
eyeballs
looking at those lists.

What about "userdocs" and "develdocs"? Or (uglier) "docsuser" and
"docsdevel" so they sort together and show up in a list where you'd
expect to see "docs" or "documentation"?
I think "help" would be apt for end-user documentation, as it fits
the
directory name. Of course, it has the problem that you might get
users
asking for help there. For developer-oriented documentation, the
standard "documentation" tag seems to fit well enough.

I had thought the same thing. Use "documentation" for developer docs
and "help" for user docs. It would work out OK if everybody knows the
rules on when to use which. But it has the disadvantage of not being
self-documenting in the way "userdocs" and "develdocs" are. But as you
mention, it does nicely mirror directory names.

--
Shaun