Re: Thoughts on tagging docs issues in GitLab

On 2017-09-07 11:45, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
Standardized tag names for docs will help us a lot. Heck, we never did
manage to get standardized component names for docs in Bugzilla. If we
get out in front of this thing, we can do better.

I would be perfectly happy with the preopulated "documentation" tag,
except that it's going to get used for both user and developer docs.
There are generally two completely different collections of eyeballs
looking at those lists.

What about "userdocs" and "develdocs"? Or (uglier) "docsuser" and
"docsdevel" so they sort together and show up in a list where you'd
expect to see "docs" or "documentation"?

I think "help" would be apt for end-user documentation, as it fits the directory name. Of course, it has the problem that you might get users asking for help there. For developer-oriented documentation, the standard "documentation" tag seems to fit well enough.

--
http://amigadave.com/