Re: Proposal to make GnomeLove official and move it to developer.gnome.org

, Carlos Soriano Sanchez <csoriano redhat com> wrote:

So if we continue with the wiki, most of the points I pointed before continue to be a problem...

New jhbuild/git/whatever tutorials will came up...

I'm not sure why this is an issue... it is perfectly acceptable for
you to manage the GnomeLove area of the wiki.

people won't find the appropriate one given that the wiki
is not official.

But isn't that just a matter of keeping an eye on the GnomeLove page,
to make sure it points to the right places?

i.e. people say: it's a wiki, just modify it! Which is true, but I don't think we want that
for something like this.
Some people will prefer one tutorial over the other, and we will continue to link different
tutorials and continue maintaining all of them and having to deal with a mix set up of the newcomers
and newcomers will continue to be confused going back and forward on different guides.

We can agree on something like this wiki tutorial is the one we recommend, but we can't enforce it
at all if we not move to a official page like developers.gnome.org

While areas on the wiki aren't formally governed, there are informal
rules, and I don't see why you couldn't take a de factor editor role
for the GNOME Love pages.

So if it is a matter of logical splitting about 3rd party apps and Gnome contribution, I don't think it
matters that much
in practice no?

It impacts the overall design of the site. It also affects who will
contribute to the GNOME Love documentation.

What do you propose to fix these problems if not? This is the only idea that came to my mind.

To me, the main issue is one of navigation, which can be solved with a
prominent link from developer.gnome.org to wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove.
I'd also suggest that you be bold when it comes to taking control of
the GNOME Love pages. :)

Allan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/CarlosSoriano/GnomeLoveMoveTask