Re: Next hackfest?

On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 17:28 -0500, Michael Hill wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
>
> > Here's a rundown, off the top of my head, of what I do, or I get
> > somebody else to do...
>
> Do you have rough deadlines for some of these?

The venue needs to be secured, period. Nothing else matters without
a venue. I think Florian is on top of that.

The full agenda can be developed fairly late, but you need basic
goals early on. Two reasons: One, the board really wants to see
there's a reason to fund the hackfest. Two, the basic goals help
you decide who you need to have there.

You need to decide on attendance because people need to plan, and
flight prices only go up the longer you wait.

Basically prioritize anything that's keeping people from buying
their plane tickets.

--
Shaun