Re: Next hackfest?

On Thu, 2012-11-08 at 14:27 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> I don't think I'm going to be able to travel in late February.
> But you don't need me to have a hackfest. Anybody want to take
> the lead in organizing?

Multiple people have asked me what's involved. There's a slew of
things that have to be done, and they don't all need to be done
by the same person. Usually we get someone on the ground (this
time, Florian) to do logistics.

Here's a rundown, off the top of my head, of what I do, or I get
somebody else to do:

* Secure a venue.
* Find a nearby hotel and book rooms for attendees.
* Figure out transportation between the venue and hotel.
* Set up a wiki page linked from here:
  https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests
* Decide on goals and create an agenda. Is this for user docs,
  developer docs, or both? What do we want to get done?
* Based on the goals, pester the right people to come.
* Get those people to put cost estimates on the wiki.
* Email the board with the cost estimate for funding. This is
  super important. If you don't have board approval, you don't
  get reimbursed.
* Remind people of what they need to prep beforehand.
* Actually lead the sessions, keep people focused (hah!), and
  track progress.

I can help with some of this.

--
Shaun