Re: Brno Doc Sprint: Currency and ATMs

>From my imaginary "Surviving in Czech Republic" guide:

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 20:32 +0100, Florian Nadge wrote:
> Getting to Brno is quite a simple affair.

This is slightly offtopic but as it came up once on IRC:
Czech Republic does NOT have EUR currency but Czech crowns (CZK).
Rule of thumb: 100 CZK = 4 EUR.

In case you plan to use a cash machine / ATM / Bankomat when arriving:
Most ATMs in this country do not emit small bills by default, so if you
enter 5000CZK, you will likely get exactly one 5000CZK bill and shop
assistants or bus drivers will hate you and refuse to accept it.
Just saw this again last Sunday on the bus from the airport with a
couple only having a 1000CZK bill.
Better enter some random value so you also get some smaller bills
(100CZK is the smallest bill).

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed