Re: Nautilus 3.2

On 1 September 2011 10:14, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> Here's a list of changes we might care about in Nautilus 3.2,
> culled from the NEWS file and checked with Alex on #nautilus:
>
> * The built-in audio previewer was removed. This is the feature
> where an audio file starts playing when you hover. We have this
> new Sushi previewer, so you preview everything by pressing Space.
>
> On that note, we need to document Sushi, the new file previewer.
> It's a separate app, technically, but I think we should document
> it as if it weren't.

Sushi has not yet been packaged for Debian or Ubuntu and that might
not happen in time for Ubuntu 11.10. It is unlikely that it will be
included by default this Ubuntu cycle as it would need a feature and
UI freeze exception & more importantly, someone to advocate for its
inclusion. Fedora 16 from what I can see does not include it by
default yet either.

Sushi is not listed in bugzilla as Core. I think we should treat it as
a technical preview this cycle and see what happens in 3.4.

Jeremy