Re: Making release notes more useful - 'whats new ?'

Am Freitag, den 14.10.2011, 09:26 -0400 schrieb William Jon McCann:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Jakub Steiner <jimmac gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > 'Windows 95-like nag screen' - skilled use of negative association here...
>
> One problem is that the user has the same association I think.

Not all people know the Windows 95 welcome screen, but likely way too
many.

On my brand new android mobile, there was a friendly green robot helping
me take the first few steps into the new environment that I did not know
before. It was clearly teaching me about the crucial UI bits and actions
one needs to know, magically addressing my initial questions.
Lessons learned quickly within minutes.

The point being, I am confident it will enrich the GNOME experience if
we make up something that is appealing, not obtrusive and manages to
teach the basics effectively.

The best way to achieve this is of course subject to discussions.

--

Christian Kirbach <Christian Kirbach googlemail com>