Re: display-2monitors stub

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 14:49 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> We've got a stub file for "Use a second monitor". This one is really
> important, and we should get it into a 3.2.x release. Anybody want
> to take a crack at it?
>
> I have a comment in the stub file. We need a bit more than "plug it
> in, click here". Explain how the monitor arrangement stuff works.
> Explain mirroring, and why it affects the available resolutions.
> Give a tip on the Fn display key on most laptop keyboards, what it
> switches between. Mention that suspend-on-lid-close is disabled
> when an external monitor is plugged in to a laptop.

Seen on IRC today:

<khc> Using gnome shell with laptop and an external monitor, is there a
way to set which one is the primary one?
<halfline> khc: i believe if you go to system settings and go to
displays
 you can drag the black panel between monitors
 the minature black panel in the dialog i mean

I had no idea. And this definitely needs to be in the help for
using two monitors.

--
Shaun