Re: display-2monitors stub

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 21:08 +0200, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> Am 03.10.2011 20:49, schrieb Shaun McCance:
>
> > I'm freezing 3.2.1 on October 10th for the translators.
> >
> Oh, nice to know! We are almost finished with the German translation.
> Then the complete German version goes into Fedora 16 and Ubuntu Oneiric,
> fortunately.
>
> By the way, recently I've read about doc freezes for Evolution etc.
> Would be nice if we had such freezes for some more modules (or even in
> general).

The eventual plan is to have a hard freeze on all documentation one
week before each stable release. We'd thaw after each stable point
release, then re-freeze a week before the next point release. So
we'd freeze a week before 3.4.0, thaw after the release, re-freeze
a week before 3.4.1, etc.

I know a week's not a lot of time to translate 1000+ pages of help,
which is why we should keep doing the voluntary freezes as well. So
if we're sure, for example, that the Cheese help is done three weeks
before release, we'll mark it as such and let the translators know,
so they can get to work on it early.

--
Shaun