Re: Idea for the Eye Of GNOME documentation

Am 15.06.2011 21:54, schrieb Shaun McCance:

> Ah, one caveat: gnome-doc-utils and yelp-tools install to different
> places under the prefix. The old stuff goes to $datadir/gnome/help,
> and the new stuff goes to $datadir/help. Although you don't need to
> worry about prefixes, the document and the plugin pages do have to
> be using the same system.

Then I propose to switch from gnome-doc-utils to yelp-utils for gedit
v3.2. Would be odd if we setup a new module using old stuff, wouldn't it?

> If you use XInclude for the license information (which we do for
> a number of modules), then you can just reference the installed
> one. Although that does leave your source files in git in a sort
> of vague "what license are they under?" state.

The new *.page file(s) are only displayed in the gedit manual, nowhere
else. And the gedit manual has a license declaration anyway. That's why
I think it is sufficient to add a file COPYING-DOCS to the top level
folder, as known from lots of other modules. Moreover, that way it is
easier for packagers to figure out the license, if the packaging policy
needs it.

Cheers,
Mario