Re: Salutations! (or, I come bearing gift of meager patches)

Hi Paul,

On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 08:59 -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> I signed up on the list, and wanted to say hi to the many folks who I
> don't know. My name's Paul Frields, and I've been a GNOME user and fan
> for many years. I've worked in the Fedora Project's documentation team
> since not long after the project started in 2003, although for several
> years it was at the novice level. Later I started to get a little more
> savvy about XML, DocBook, and other tools. I maintained several guides
> such as our Documentation Guide, the Installation Guide, and the
> Release Notes, and was a principal contributor from about 2006-2009.

Welcome! Thanks for all of your contributions so far, I've been seeing
some great stuff coming in.

> After I joined Red Hat in 2008 as the Fedora project leader it was a
> lot harder for me to find time for Docs, but I do keep tabs on what's
> going on, and I still have commit access there and occasionally help
> fix some bugs when I have free moments. For the GNOME 3.0 release I
> contributed some patches and enjoyed using your tools. I love Mallard
> and the way it presents documentation! By the way, I have three
> lingering patches here, which I should have sent along sooner and just
> completely failed to do so:
>
> http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/gnome-user-docs/git-patches/

I've reviewed and applied these patches. Thanks!

> I'd like to keep working on some of these docs through the 3.2 phase,
> but my time has become really short the next few weeks because of some
> other projects I'm involved in. I did enjoy working with the team and
> hope you guys wouldn't mind me dropping by to help in the future. I've
> signed up on the gnome-docs-list to keep up with what's going on.
> Would it be worthwhile for me to apply for project membership and
> commit access?

No problem, we're happy for you to help out whenever works for you. I
think it might be worth applying for commit access, but I guess it
depends on how much time you'll have.

Thanks,

Phil

--